Phases for a young hero: now Playing with his peers/ Fases numa jornada heroica
Remember Adrion in the first phase? it was the
preparation we did with the sand play technique before the surgery for his knee.(November 2009)
Well now he is ready for his sessions of physiotherapy….it hurts but he is willing to excercise, to get stronger…and walk soon. “I like you so much Adrion. And your parents are with you too…it is a new phase!” Now, playing drawing his self portrait!
Da preparação com ludoterapia para a cirurgia do joelho em Novembro 09 , Adrion continua com a fisioterapia e vida de menino: curtindo com alguns amigos no Centro de hemofilia o grupo das crianças. Aqui, realizando seu auto-retrato!
My name is Frederica Dillen CASSIS, born of a Belgium mother and an Egyptian father, on the 3rd of January 1966 in Brussels, Belgium.
I´ve travelled a lot, lived in many countries. Brazil is my seventh country and i live in Sao Paulo for 19 years now. Graduated in Clinical Psychology in
1991, I specialized in Junguian Psychology and in Hemophilia since then.
1) Launching IN-HEMOACTION flash cards, where I added new topics like Inhibitors and their different treatments, physiotherapy and a some playful activities like video games!
2) HERO (Hemophilia Experiences Results and Opportunities) sponsored by Novo Nordisk since 2009, exploring through qualitative and quantitative analysis the psychosocial issues involving People with hemophilia, their carers and the health professionals in the treatment process. check this project in my blog www.blood4.wordpress.com
Now, HERO is in Brazil! soon the results will be available.
2) P-TET (Pediatric Thrombosis Educational Tool) flash cards in evolution stage, for kids on anti-coagulant treatment...inspired on IN-HEMOACTION flashcards success.
3) I am a co-author along with psychologist Irene Fuchs and Edward Kuebler of a booklet called "Communication, love and sexuality for people with hemophilia, carriers and family"
4) an on going process of a systematic review for the Cochrane Collaboration about "psychological interventions for people with hemophilia and their families"
On a more personal level i have 3 three great not anymore children :) Danaê 24, Rubi 18 and Iggy 15) and i love to jogg, dance and read. To walk and look for shells on a beach too and I discover that i love deserts...:)