I found the abstract of my dissertation/ O resumo da dissertação do mestrado em 2002
My dissertation was about my 7 years-work with a group of children (who became teens) with severe hemophilia A. I used from the beginning expressive techniques like drawings, dramatization of the blood clotting process (tags: posters in WFH ” congresses), and of course the telling stories approach.
My Junguian , symbolic and arquetypal approach of the blood clotting disorder, with his opposites of FLOWING and CLOTTING, allowed me to understand better the family’s reactions, fears, concerns about HOW to raise a child…and at the same time this approach with the constructive and destructive aspects of both FLOW and CLOT (in Alchemy: SOLUTIO and COAGULATIO) amplifies the vision and way of dealing with a PERSON+ Hemophilia. I have always said : he is a child who has hemophilia, has a beautiful smile, a brother , a bad temper, or this or that….he is an individual who has to develop, grow, produce and interact…and be happy and sad…Life is happening.
Passaram-se muitos anos! os lados construtivos do Fluir e Coagular como “their dark side too”!
THIS SLIDE SHOWS THE OPPOSITES OF FLOWING (FLUIR) AND CLOTTING (COAGULAR) IN BOTH AREAS :
MIND (MENTE) AND BODY (CORPO). OF COURSE THE DIVISION MIND-BODY IS NOT REAL IN PRACTICE, I BELIEVE BOTH ARE VERY MUCH UNITED, A WHOLE BEING. BUT IN ORDER TO EXEMPLIFY I SEPARATED THEM.
You can see that neither of the position, flowing or clotting is constructive always! both can present destructive behaviours or feelings in this wholeness (body/mind).
My name is Frederica Dillen CASSIS, born of a Belgium mother and an Egyptian father, on the 3rd of January 1966 in Brussels, Belgium.
I´ve travelled a lot, lived in many countries. Brazil is my seventh country and i live in Sao Paulo for 19 years now. Graduated in Clinical Psychology in
1991, I specialized in Junguian Psychology and in Hemophilia since then.
1) Launching IN-HEMOACTION flash cards, where I added new topics like Inhibitors and their different treatments, physiotherapy and a some playful activities like video games!
2) HERO (Hemophilia Experiences Results and Opportunities) sponsored by Novo Nordisk since 2009, exploring through qualitative and quantitative analysis the psychosocial issues involving People with hemophilia, their carers and the health professionals in the treatment process. check this project in my blog www.blood4.wordpress.com
Now, HERO is in Brazil! soon the results will be available.
2) P-TET (Pediatric Thrombosis Educational Tool) flash cards in evolution stage, for kids on anti-coagulant treatment...inspired on IN-HEMOACTION flashcards success.
3) I am a co-author along with psychologist Irene Fuchs and Edward Kuebler of a booklet called "Communication, love and sexuality for people with hemophilia, carriers and family"
4) an on going process of a systematic review for the Cochrane Collaboration about "psychological interventions for people with hemophilia and their families"
On a more personal level i have 3 three great not anymore children :) Danaê 24, Rubi 18 and Iggy 15) and i love to jogg, dance and read. To walk and look for shells on a beach too and I discover that i love deserts...:)